By Wednesday afternoon, North Carolinians will likely know which COVID-19 restrictions are loosening. The executive order detailing the current modified stay-at-home order expires at the end of the month, and Gov. Roy Cooper has promised details on what will replace it some time this week.
The governor’s office has a coronavirus briefing scheduled for 2 p.m. Wednesday. So, it is likely Cooper will announce the new order then.
A source close to the governor told NBC affiliate WRAL-TV that Cooper is considering allowing increased capacity at sporting events for high school and college athletics, in addition to potentially easing other restrictions.
Last week, Cooper said any of the current restrictions would be “on the table” to change, including occupancy limitations for businesses and the curfew. #WakeUpCLT